The letter went to FIFA secretary general Mattias Grafström in Zurich. Savicevic has sat on the FIFA Council since 2017, and his intervention lands the day after Hungary’s Sandor Csanyi, a FIFA vice-president, sent his own letter of withdrawal.
Savicevic told Grafström that recent moves at FIFA had shown a “serious lack of communication and transparency” to the member associations and to the organisation’s own internal structures.
“The recent developments within FIFA are extremely worrying,” Savicevic wrote.
“The Football Association of Montenegro agrees with the opinion of other European national associations and UEFA and demands a thorough review of the actions of the FIFA leadership.”
Read also: Ronaldo needs 24 goals in the season he calls his last
Montenegro is now the sixth national association to formally pull its backing. Wales was the first, on August 3, with Serbia following the same day and Sweden’s board voting hours later that “confidence in Gianni Infantino’s leadership no longer exists”. Israel and Hungary have since joined.
Csanyi’s ‘final straw’ letter
Hungary’s withdrawal, filed 24 hours before Montenegro’s, came from another FIFA Council seat. Sandor Csanyi, the Hungarian FA president and one of FIFA’s vice-presidents, told Infantino he had “lost the confidence” he previously placed in him, pointing to what he called “serious shortcomings in professional judgement, ethical standards and leadership”.
“The final straw was the unexpected dismissal of Kevin Lamour,” Csanyi wrote.
Lamour, FIFA’s chief operating officer, left the organisation on August 17 after publicly opposing Infantino’s plan to sell around 20 percent of a new commercial entity, FIFA Forward Enterprise, to private investors. FIFA had valued the vehicle at roughly $20 billion. Infantino abandoned the project on July 31 after resistance from UEFA, CONCACAF and the AFC.
43 signatures needed by September 23
Under FIFA’s rules, 43 national associations must file a formal request to add an item to the agenda of an Extraordinary Congress. That congress is scheduled for November 23, and the paperwork for a no-confidence motion has to arrive by September 23.
Six withdrawn letters is a long way from 43 signatures, and no confederation delivers its members’ votes: each of FIFA’s 211 associations casts its own ballot. Csanyi and Savicevic both sit on the FIFA Council itself.
Infantino is due to stand for a fourth term at the 77th FIFA Congress in Rabat in March 2027, and would need only a simple majority of the votes cast to serve through 2031.
Read also: Mourinho's Valdebebas reset: an hour early, no private clinics, no favourites
Read also: Messi points to the sky in Chester, six days after writing he had "many doubts" about playing on



